JTNB BANCORP INChttps://www.jtnb.com/
In 1852, Rockwood, Hazard & Company purchased, from the Lehigh Coal and Navigation Company, a stone building erected in 1829 on the site of the present Broadway structure of the JTNB. This was the beginning of a private bank known as the "Savings Shoppe".
The directors of the Savings Shoppe organized the first chartered bank in Carbon County in 1855 known as the Mauch Chunk Bank. The newly formed bank occupied the same building which formerly housed the Savings Shoppe.
In 1863, The First National Bank of Mauch Chunk was organized, erecting a new building on the site of the former Mauch Chunk Bank.
After four decades as a prosperous bank in a small Victorian town known for its railroad industry and neighboring coal mines, The First National Bank of Mauch Chunk consolidated with the Linderman National Bank in 1902 and was chartered by the United States Treasury Department as The Mauch Chunk National Bank.
In 1955, a year after the merger of the neighboring towns of Mauch Chunk and East Mauch Chunk and renaming the towns as Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania, the Citizens National Bank of East Mauch Chunk and the Mauch Chunk National Bank consolidated and formed The Jim Thorpe National Bank. In 1988, The Jim Thorpe National Bank became a subsidiary company of the newly incorporated JTNB Bancorp, Inc.
Today, JTNB has six branch offices: the Main Banking House at 12 Broadway, Jim Thorpe, the East Side Branch at 418 Center Street , Jim Thorpe (the site of the former Citizens National Bank of East Mauch Chunk), the Penn Forest Branch at 1397 State Route 903, Jim Thorpe, and the Lehighton Branch at 145 South Fourth Street , Lehighton. In December 2008 JTNB purchased Nesquehoning Savings Bank adding two additional branches which are located at 301 W. Catawissa Street, Nesquehoning and 100 East Phillips Street, Coaldale. In April of 2011, JTNB purchased and renovated a former bank building in Lansford to expand our market opportunities and to provide our customers with a modern, more efficient and accessible facility. Our Coaldale Branch was relocated to this new Lansford Office located at 430 West Patterson Street, Lansford.
Effective on December 30, 2013, JTNB converted from a national bank charter to a Pennsylvania state chartered bank and a state member bank of the Federal Reserve bank of Philadelphia.
As part of the charter conversion our name changed to the Jim Thorpe Neighborhood Bank. This will not change the way we do business with our customers.